The Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency (SRCAA) seeks applicants for the position of Engineer 1 in Spokane, Washington.
Closing Date: Open until filled, first review of applicants on March 6, 2024
Salary Range: Engineer 1 $59,170 – $87,586 per year. SRCAA also provides a comprehensive benefits package.
Summary of the Job
This position supports and implements programs required of clean air agencies under the Washington Clean Air Act, including the New Source Review (NSR) Preconstruction Permit, Registration, and Title V Air Operating Permit (AOP) programs. The position involves the application of basic engineering principles and math to industrial processes and air pollution control equipment. Ideal candidates will bring strong technical skills to perform environmental engineering permit reviews, inspections, compliance assistance, and other duties to assure compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Strong technical writing skills, as well as organization and attention to detail are also necessary for this position. Full job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an Engineer-In-Training Certificate AND
- Two (2) years or more of engineering experience or equivalent (a Master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Environmental Policy, or a closely related field AND
- Four (4) years or more of engineering experience or equivalent (a Master’s degree may substitute for one year of experience).
Before you apply: We use a secure, third-party online application system. Before you select “Apply here” using the link below, please know that there is not a partial save feature on the online application, so be sure to review these supplemental questions first.
Additionally, you will need the following prepared in order to complete the online application:
- Work experience
- Educational Information
- Relevant training
- An electronic copy of your cover letter and resume
- Information to complete the supplemental questions
Apply here by 4:30 pm, March 6, 2024, the deadline for the first review of applicants. The position will remain open until filled.
Only applicants invited for interviews will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will be notified by telephone. It can take up to two weeks after the position closes before interviews are scheduled.