SRCAA is proposing to remove marijuana producers and processors from the agency’s annual registration program.
The proposed amendments will not affect SRCAA’s ability to address future odor concerns from this business sector. If a producer or processor has compliance issues with SRCAA Regulation I, the agency can pursue enforcement action and/or SRCAA’s control officer can require registration under Article IV, Section 4.04(A)(2)(c).
The proposed amendments will not add new requirements for businesses or residents.
The proposed amendments include:
- remove marijuana producers and processors from the source category list in Article IV, Section 4.04(A);
- remove marijuana producers and processors from the NOC exemption in Article V, Section 5.02(I); and
- amend citing in Article X, Section 10.15(A) & (B).
Marijuana producers and processors will not be part of the annual registration program. Marijuana producers and processors must still comply with SRCAA Regulation I, including but not limited to:
- Article IV Registration, for other applicable categories listed in Section 4.04.
- Article V New source review (air quality permits), for other applicable categories. Because marijuana producers and processors will be removed from the list in Article IV, Section 4.04, they will not be required to obtain an air quality permit, unless they have equipment or activities that are included in Section 4.04.
- Article VI, Sections 6.01 Outdoor burning, 6.04 Emissions of an air contaminant detrimental to person, property, and 6.18 Standards for marijuana producers and processors.
- Article IX Asbestos control standards.
Table of proposed amendments:
|4.04(A)||Stationary Sources and Source Categories Subject to Registration||Remove two source categories from 4.04(A)(3)(u) & (v) marijuana producers and marijuana processors; 4.04(A)(5)(e)9. Marijuana processors; and renumber list|
|5.02(I)||New Source Review Applicability and When Required||Remove marijuana producers and processors from an NOC exemption, 5.05(I)(1)(b) marijuana producers and marijuana processors; renumber list|
|10.15(A) & (B)||Marijuana Production and Marijuana Processing Registration and Application Fees||Update citing in 10.15 (A) & (B) from Exhibit R to Section 4.01|
Proposed amendments: Regulation document with the proposed changes in redline/strike out.
Comments: Written comments will be accepted until the close of the public hearing on February 2, 2023. Written comments may be submitted by mail or email: SRCAA, Attention Margee Chambers, 1610 S. Technology Blvd., Suite 101, Spokane, WA 99224, or PublicComment@SpokaneCleanAir.org.
Public Hearing: A public hearing will be held during SRCAA’s regularly scheduled monthly meeting, 9:30 a.m., Thursday, February 2, 2023. Meetings are held at SRCAA’s office, 1610 S. Technology Blvd., Suite 101, Spokane, WA 99224. Virtual/call-in option for the meeting/hearing will be provided at least one week prior to the hearing at www.SpokaneCleanAir.org.
Please note that under the Washington State Public Records Act (Chapter 42.56 RCW), your written and oral comments, attachments and associated contact information (e.g. your name, address, email, etc.) become part of the public record and can be released to the public upon request.