Spokane Regional Clean Air Agency
Board of Directors Meeting Agenda
3104 E. Augusta Avenue, Spokane
Thursday, December 5, 2019
1. Asbestos Program History – Deirdre Fitzgerald (45 mins.)
1. Advisory Council Report – There was no Advisory Council meeting.
2. Executive Director’s Report – Julie Oliver (5 mins.)
ACTION ITEMS/POTENTIAL ACTION ITEMS:
3. CONSENT AGENDA
a. Approval of the November 7, 2019 Board Minutes
b. Approval of Vouchers for November, 2019, numbered 11549 thru 11574 & 11576 thru 11588 with Claims totaling $59,353.13 and Payroll numbered 11547, 11548 & 11575 and EFTs totaling $177,297.89 – for a Grand Total of $236,651.02
4. Set the 2020 Board of Director’s Meeting Schedule – Julie Oliver (10 mins.)
5. Executive Session(s) (Purpose will be announced if additional sessions are needed.)
a. RCW 42.30.110(1)(b) & (c) – Regarding Acquisition and/or Sale of Real Estate – (15 mins.)
b. RCW 42.30.110(1)(i) – Enforcement Actions and Potential Litigation (5 mins.)
6. Resolution No. 19-17 – Updating the Agency Approved Staffing Positions to Ad an Engineering Technician Position & Revise the Pay Scale to Include the Engineering Technician Position – Julie Oliver (5 mins.)
7. Resolution No. 19-18 – Amending & Adopting SRCAA Purchasing & Procurement Policy – Michelle Zernick (10 mins.)
8. PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
a. Resolution No. 19-15 – Appropriating Additional Building Reserve Funds for Investment Grade Audit and Property Condition Assessment – Julie Oliver (5 mins)
b. Resolution No. 19-16 – Appropriating Additional Building Reserve Funds for Crack Seal and Pavement Repairs – Julie Oliver (5 mins.)
9. Activity Reports: August / September / October
a. Public Information/Education Update – Lisa Woodard (5 mins.)
b. Compliance Activity – Lori Rodriguez (5 mins.)
c. Permitting Activity – April Westby (5 mins.)
d. Air Monitoring Activity – Mark Rowe (5 mins.)
e. Financial Status Report – Michelle Zernick (15 mins.)
10. Public Forum – This is an opportunity for citizens to discuss items of interest not related to the current agenda. Each speaker will be limited to three (3) minutes, unless otherwise deemed by the Chair. If you wish to address the Board, please fill out a sign-up card located at the front desk and give to the secretary at the front of the board room. When the Chair calls your name, come to the podium and state your name.
11. Board Concerns – Will there be a quorum for the January meeting?
FOR SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS/TRANSLATION SERVICES call (509) 477-4727 or fax (509) 477-6828, 48 hours in advance. SRCAA assures nondiscrimination in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987 (P.O. 100.259) and the Americans with Disabilities Act.